Recorded May 18th 2018
In this episode we discuss Herb Sutter's new proposal, p0709, "Zero-overhead deterministic exceptions", a.k.a. "Static Exceptions" - and a couple of supporting proposals from Niall Douglas (p1028 and p1029).
We talk about what the proposed feature is, how it works, and why it is so signifiant. Find out why Jon is, "really excited" about it!
- The Static Exceptions proposal itself
- status_code and standard error - supporting proposal
- [[move_relocates]] - supporting proposal
- Contracts proposal
- std::expected proposal
- Simon's post on monadic error handling
- Summary of SG14 discussion on
- Niall Douglas' talk on std::expected
- John McFarlane's Error Handling Cost repo
- Simon's post calling for data on exceptions