This week we welcome back Kevlin Henney and talk to him about Deliberate Practice: what it is, how to relates to C++ programmers, and the workshop on it he's running with Jon Jagger at C++ on Sea.
Along the way we also get into gaming the documentation writing system, the PDSA cycle and Boyd OODA loop, Mind Mapping and TDD. All in the pursuit of becoming better programmers.
- C++ on Sea - closing soon! — Last chance to get tickets
- C++ Now — registration open
- Core C++ — in Tel Aviv
- ACCU Conference — registration open
- Worldwide conferences schedule
- MindMup — free online mindmapping tool
- This is why you shouldn't interrupt a programmer — webcomic
- The PDSA Cycle — The PDSA Cycle (Plan-Do-Study-Act) is a systematic process for gaining valuable learning and knowledge for the continual improvement of a product, process, or service. Also known as the Deming Wheel, or Deming Cycle
- The Boyd OODA loop — The OODA loop was a tool developed by military strategist John Boyd to explain how individuals and organizations can win in uncertain and chaotic environments. It is an Acronym that explains the four steps of decisions making: Observe, Orient, Decide Act.