This week we chat with Ivan Čukić about Functional Programming, despite him not wanting to be known as "The Functional Programming Guy", TMP and OO, and how he was taught C++ in high school.
How does Ivan balance writing books (in fact will he write another book?) and speaking at conferences internationally, while teaching full time at university?
- CppCon announcements
- ReSharper C++ 2019.1 release — Explore the dozens of significant performance improvements inside, as well as dedicated support for Unreal Engine 4, more flexible integration with Clang-Tidy, naming conventions, and the new Doctest unit testing framework.
- Top Ten Reasons To Send Your Developers to CppCon (or any C++ Conference) — Sending software engineers to conferences is both a time and money expense, but conferences exists because they provide value to attendees and companies that send them. Some of the value may be obvious, some may not. Here is a list of the top business reasons to send your developers to CppCon or any other C++ conference
- Book review of Functional Programming with C++ by Ivan Čukić
- Functional Programming in C++ (Manning) — Ivan's book
- Functional Programming in C++ (Amazon)
- Ivan's dissertation — Functional and Imperative Reactive Programming Based on a Generalization of the Continuation Monad in the C++ Programming Language
- What is ADL? — Arthur O'Dwyer's post on ADL (as lead-in to a post on Hidden Friends)
- Qt Creator 4.9.0 released