This week we chat with Guy Davidson about linear algebra coming to C++, other mathsy stuff, audio, games dev and C++ training evenings. We barely even mention 2D graphics once!
Did you know that Guy has written four linear algebra libraries in C++ since 1990? He’s in a good position to be involved with the standardisation effort. But how do you bring something that Fortran excels at to modern standard C++ without it just being the C++ification of Fortran? Listen to find out.
- Guy (and Bob Steagall's) Linear Algebra WG21 proposal
- Guy’s Linear Algebra talk at C++ on Sea
- std::audio proposal
- One of Timur Doumler's talks on std::audio — From this year's C++ Now
- Core C++ videos
- Italian C++ Conference videos
- ACCU Belfast Conference — In November - sandwiched between the Belfast ISO meeting and Meeting C++ (link may be time sensitive)
- Meeting C++ 2019
- CppCon 2019
- CLion 2019.2 — Click "take a short tour" for a video by Phil