This week we're joined by Victor Zverovich as we chat about his string formatting library - which has just been adopted into C++20 - as well as the possibility of a corresponding input library, various smaller C++17 features, and whether it's possible to travel continuously from C++ event to C++ event.
We also announce the dates for C++ on Sea 2020, Phil's vision for CppCon's Lightning Talks, as he takes them over, whether we should be removing more from the standard, and look forward to seeing The Last Macro.
- Next release of fmt library
- Text Formatting — The std proposal, based on fmt, that made it into C++20
- Facebook's fork of Thrift — Serialisation library
- GCC 9.2 released — with more C++20 support
- 17 Smaller but Handy C++17 Features — from Bartlomiej Filipek's blog
- CppCon Lightning Talks — including the Lightning Challenge
- CLion 2019.2 release — with embedded video by Phil
- C++ on Sea - dates announced — (see subsequent news items for keynote speaker announcements)